New York, NY 10036
Ticketing Operations Intern
JUJAMCYN TICKETING INTERNSHIP
Jujamcyn Theaters’ internal ticketing operations department helps shows implement their pricing and sales strategies, manage and facilitate our box office teams and set and implement strategic ticketing goals for the company. We work closely with every other department at Jujamcyn and with our show partners.
TICKETING OPERATIONS INTERN
The Ticketing Operations Intern will shadow and support our team in our day-to-day operations, including producing reports, setting up promotions, changing prices and setting up new shows. In 2017, this will include building at least one large musical.
You should apply for this internship if:
- You are interested in the nuts and bolts of ticketing and reporting on Broadway.
- You are detail-oriented or wish to become detail-oriented.
- You enjoy Excel or wish to enjoy Excel.
- You can abide by the terms of a strict confidentiality agreement.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Quality Assurance: checking, checking and re-checking setup documents and as-built configurations in ticketing systems.
- Reporting: pulling, checking and distributing reports pulled from ticketing systems.
- Errands: the occasional trip to a box office to drop something off or pick something up.
- Personal Improvement: training by fire in Excel, Ticketmaster and related skills.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
o Must have basic skills in Excel.
o Intermediate to advanced Excel
o Knowledge of core Broadway reporting practices (Wrap, Advance, Gross, etc.)
o Predilection for being detail oriented
One part-time internship for 20 hours/wk. Flexible hours/days.
JUJAMCYN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM BENEFITS AND DETAILS:
A minimum of 12 weeks; three sessions available per year: Fall, Winter/Spring, Summer
Interns are paid at an hourly rate of $11 as well as college credits as available
Attendance at bi-weekly lunch meeting for interns to discuss their work, share ideas, and speak with an invited guest from the Jujamcyn staff or a figure in the theatre community
Opportunities on nights and weekends for flexible work at our theatres
Tickets (when available) to our productions playing at Jujamcyn theatres
Applications for all three sessions are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed regularly. Please indicate in your cover letter which session you are most interested in applying for.
If you are being considered for one of our internship opportunities you will be contacted by Human Resources within two weeks of your application to set up an interview. Because of the popularity of our program and the volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to those who are being considered. Please note that most departments require an in-person interview, though phone interviews can be arranged in some cases.
November 14, 2017 -