The Play Company
New York, NY 10036
Special Events/Development Intern
This internship plays a pivotal role in the fundraising management of our company. Intern(s) will work closely with our Development team on the cultivation of prospective donors, annual campaigns, and will actively manage several components of our upcoming annual gala, Cabaret Gourmet, scheduled for April 2018, as well as additional cultivation and audience events connected with our spring production of Toshiki Okada's play Time's Journey Through a Room.
· Manage and process reservations and requests for Special Events such as Cabaret Gourmet.
· Assist the Development department in the planning and execution of Special Events
· Assist in the creation of content for upcoming fundraising campaigns and grant proposals.
· Assist in Patron Manager and Ovation database management.
· Conduct research on potential funding opportunities.
· General administrative and office duties.
· Assist staff as needed.
Qualifications for ideal Internship applicants
· Knowledge of the performing arts industry.
· Reliable and detail-oriented.
· Superior time-management and organizational skills.
· Excellent writing and communication skills.
· Ability to think strategically.
· Special Event experience a plus
· Ability to both autonomously and as a team player required.
· Both graduate and undergraduate students encouraged to apply.
About The Play Company
The Play Company, PlayCo, is an OBIE Award-winning Off Broadway theatre production company. PlayCo develops and produces adventurous new plays from the U.S. and around the world, advancing a dynamic global view of contemporary theatre and expanding the American theatre repertoire.
As the only New York theatre regularly producing outstanding contemporary plays from abroad alongside new American work, PlayCo’s distinctive international programming links American theatre with world theatre, American artists with the global creative community, and American audiences with a whole world of plays.
Time Requirements and Stipend
The Internship Program will begin at the start of each school semester, including summer. Start and end dates are flexible, and we ask a minimum commitment of 20 hours/week for all internships. Weekly schedules are flexible and able to navigate class schedules and other employment.
PlayCo offers a monthly travel stipend by pre-purchasing an unlimited monthly MetroCard to all interns who commit to a minimum of 20 hours/week. Academic credit is also available for applicable students.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Mitch Marois, General Management Fellow, at email@example.com.
February 5, 2018 -