New York City Center
New York, NY 10019
New York City Center, one of New York’s premier performing arts venues, seeks a fundraising professional to manage all facets of its membership program. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Individual Giving, this position serves as a member of City Center’s development team and provides direction to the Membership Coordinator, Development Assistant, and occasional interns working within the individual giving portfolio.
- Oversee the planning, administration, implementation and tracking of the Friends of City Center, a program of about 3,000 members with donations from $75 up to and including $2,499
- Be responsible for achieving the membership revenue target each year
- Provide direction (and training when required) to the Membership Coordinator and the Development Assistant, and occasional interns as required
- Prepare all solicitation materials for the membership program, including but not limited, to cover letters and/or emails for new and renewing patrons, benefits listings, programming information required to support membership fundraising efforts
- Prepare all communication materials required for the membership program including, but not limited to invitations, signage, website, WordFly email blasts
- Oversee gift acknowledgment processes for all membership gifts
- Work with the Individual Giving team, the Director of Development, and an external consultant on a comprehensive membership analysis working towards a possible restructuring of membership levels and benefits.
- Maintain appropriate administration systems to manage and track the membership program including daily use of the organizational database (Tessitura) for fundraising purposes from individuals
- Provide regular reports and updates as to the progress of membership campaigns
- Oversees maintenance of the annual individual campaigns calendar on a day-by-day basis
- Responsible for accurate, efficient record keeping, including maintenance of individual donor files, both paper and electronic
- Supervise web content for membership
- Be proactive in suggesting ways to grow and improve the membership program at City Center
- Work closely with all members of the City Center staff to ensure optimum implementation of the fundraising events program
- Actively participate in the organization and attendance of all special events for members at City Center including but not limited to cultivation dinners, receptions, in-home events and intermission drinks
- Enhance competence through study and participation in conferences and workshops
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience in fundraising at a nonprofit or cultural institution required.
- Excellent computer proficiency including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using a fundraising database required; Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Ability to work evening events/performances, plus weekends when needed.